Supplemental Insurance Information
Supplemental Insurance – Frisco,TX
What is Supplemental Medicare?
Supplemental Medicare, or Medigap, is a plan sold by private insurance companies to fill in the coverage gaps and deductibles that Original Medicare does not cover. For instance, if Medicare covers 80 percent of a doctor’s visit, Medigap will cover the remaining 20 percent. With Supplemental Medicare, there is little additional cost to you for health care beyond your premium.
Medigap policies are standardized and regulated by law. This means that each company must offer the same plans (Parts A-N) with the only difference being the price. However, prices can vary widely between companies. We can help you weed through the options to find the right provider with the right price for you.
What should you know about Supplemental Medicare?
Medigap policies are available to anyone enrolled in Part A and Part B (hospital and medical insurance) of Medicare. Open enrollment, a time frame in which you cannot be declined coverage, begins either when you first enroll in Part B or when you turn 65. This six-month window is the best time to purchase your Medigap policy.
Your Medigap premium will be an additional charge on top of your Medicare Part B premium (Part A is free), and in return you will receive more comprehensive coverage for your health care needs. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C), be sure to cancel your coverage before your Medigap policy begins.
Why do you need Supplemental Medicare?
It is important to remember that Medicare does not completely cover your health care costs. A supplemental plan ensures a broader range of coverage so you do not have to pay out-of-pocket with each doctor visit. A low monthly premium will give you peace of mind as your need for health care grows.
Contact us today to learn more about the 10 Medigap plans and what they can offer you. We will gladly answer any questions and help you select the plan that best meets your needs.
You can email Buckley Insurance Agency or call us at 469-388-1443. If you are ready to begin your quote use the quote form above.
Thank you for your interest in Buckley Insurance Agency, proudly insuring our Frisco community and communities throughout the Dallas area.